Friday, July 26, 2013

City Life

We made it to the big city! It's pretty different from where we were to say the least. I finally got to go for a run. Our team was reunited and now we live in an apartment together. It's been great. 
Being in Thailand was different than I expected, which isn't saying much, since I really had no idea what to expect. However, one thing I did expect on an almost subconscious level is that being here would amazingly transform me into some super Chr*stian. Wouldn't you know, my problems and struggles followed me here, and they were fruitful and multiplied. Well, so much for the Super Saint status. I guess going overseas doesn't just make me a pr*yer warrior or a consistent B*ble reader automatically; neither does going overseas mean I am now a walking B*ble concordance or a literal "little Christ". I shouldn't be surprised should I? That's why we have to continue to put on His armor, learn discipline, and rely on His strength. We must be aware of the ruthless enemy seeking to hinder kingdom work. We must endure hardships and the mundane with zeal, pr*yer, and love He overflows in us. This kinda sounds pretty "chr*stiany" doesnt it? We must learn what it looks like to live it (what does that actually look like? Ask Him.), instead of just knowing it sounds good enough to put on a "We missed you at Sunday School" card. Much love. Thank you for all your intercessions and support! 
View on the way to church 
Lunch at the university 
Riding a Song Tao (a truck with two benches and a cover over the bed)




1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog and keeping updated on what is happening! So excited for you and the work He is doing in and through you!

    ReplyDelete