Thursday, December 12, 2013

Here We Are

Here we are... On our way home after six unbelievable months. Though we have officially left Thailand, it still seems so unreal to me that it's a new chapter, but it's not over. 

I have learned so much from this six months abroad in Thailand. More than I ever thought I would. And now, here we are, "same same... but different."

I had a blast living in a vacation hotspot for half a year. We saw some amazing places and beautiful creation. May it proclaim His glory. And here we are, about to board a plane back to our home where creation is just as vast and beautiful. 

The people I met during the six months duration are deeply admirable, greatly appreciated, and will be sweetly missed. I learned from them, grew close to them, and prayed so much for them. Now here we are, never knowing if we will ever see them again, but I know it's not the end. 

Thank You, Creator, for this time. It's been challenging and rewarding. It's been frustrating and peace filled. It's been unbelievable. You do say though that You do more than we could ever think or ask (Ephesians 3:20). I know that's right. And now, here I am, reflecting on the past six months, and I am eternally grateful for what You have done. 
Rice Field behind our village home
One of the teachers at the school where we taught. 
"Family" BBQ
Our neighbor
Sunset from our back balcony
Our sweet friend
Thanksgiving party at our ministry house. 
School kids
Little girls from our "church" in the village
Our good ole neighbor P Ekk... Classy guy
Our journeyman friend Joel and a new believe from our village getting baptized ( happened this last week)
One of the most beautiful waterfalls I've ever seen
P Ekk and Ajaan Aoom leading music at our Christmas party
My Thai mom and dad, Mae Jon and Pa Nulong
Beloved Mama and my super supervisor P Kim
P Dream and the team.. The Dream Team... in Laos
P Por and the team at the gate of the Royal Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment