Ky and I have been going to a red light district in our city. It's been great. We've kinda even made a friend who works at a bar there. She's been really open with us and invited us to meet her son when he comes home from boarding elementary school. It's an answer that He would allow us to meet an open person who we could get to know. She is having a hard time in life right now is what she told us. Plead intercede for her that she would be open to Him and we would be discerning in when and how to share good news. Thanks! Her name sounds like the first letter of our alphabet.
On the way back home I saw aman and a girl. Sometimes to reflect, I write stuff down. This is what I wrote as soon as they got out of the song tao:
Today I looked sin dead in the eyes. The look of shame returned my gaze. As I sat on a song tao (truck with two benches and a covering as public transportation) with a foreign man and his potentially underaged "girlfriend" I strangely felt no condemnation. As he shifted uncomfortably around in his seat, now trying to avoid my face, I felt compassion for his bondage. As he playfully poked at her arm to ease the tension, as she looked not at all playful or affirmative of his play, I felt broken for her bondage. As we pulled up to the hotel I could name in a heartbeat with a beautiful outer gate and ornate decor to symbolize the beauty of Chiang Mai, I felt so many things: pity, brokenness, desperation, hope, holy anger, and no condemnation. You see, as I saw this man who happened to have stunningly beautiful, aged eyes that were full of lust for this girl, I could have no condemnation. As DL reminded me in a conversation a while ago, we are no better than any rapist, terrorist, school bully, woman who is prostituted, or man from a Kansas hate church (Offended?). This does not call for passivity or a lack of holy rage. However, it's God's grace that has me where I am. I am not good by myself. This has led me to deeper prayer and compassion. Please join me in praying for girls such as this one I encountered today and for the men also. Not in a self-righteous-how-could-they-do-that kind of way, but in a real recognition of the bondage, enslavement, sin has on its victims. And then, recognize what sin you mess around with that could very well trap you. One day God will receive the glory He is due. One day every person ever created will see Him and know HE IS GOD. One day judgment WILL come. Are you ready? If so, pray with me.
Thanks fam!

No comments:
Post a Comment